Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pork and broccoli

I forgot to take the picture before David started eating...the portions were bigger and the presentation was cleaner as well. haha

The other day David and I were at the store and got a GREAT deal on chicken and pork. Needless to say, I started thinking of different ways to make a fast and simple dish  (but still have it be delicious) out of something so common. On Thursday we were pressed for time and so I literally thew some ingredients together and it ended up being a new favorite of David's! While David loves food, it is sometimes a difficult feat to have him say, "we should have this again sometime soon." So when he said that about this dish, I knew I had a success!

Please remember that I made this on the fly from some basic ingredients from the pantry-and so I wasn't too concerned with measurements...feel free to add or subtract any amount if you feel it would be too overpowering for your liking.

Orange Pork with Broccoli

1/4 cup onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp parsley
3 Tbs white wine vinegar 
1 tsp yellow mustard (can use a dijon if you want)
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
juice of 1/2 of a large orange
2 pork chops

I sauteed the onions in a pan, and while I was doing that, I added the rest of the ingredients together and let the pork marinade for about 5 min. I then took out the pork and put it  into the pan to sear it and get a good golden brown color-After searing both sides of the pork, I then added the marinade and let it simmer briefly. I then added 1 cup of water to the whole mixture and then covered the pan and let it simmer/cook for about 10-15 min until the pork was cooked through. 

After the pork is done, add the broccoli into the juice to cook for about 5 min or until bright green. Take out of the pan and serve! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment